[Avodah] smart watch

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 11:59:15 PDT 2013

In addition to my previous post my son recently bought a pebble smartwatch.
He said that he had to disable some functions to be able to use on
shabbat/chag.
He felt that the Samsung smartwatch could not be used and that future smart
watches ,ight be a problem depending on how much can be disabled manually.

Of course all this assumes that the owner is tech-wise enough to do these
changes.
Personally I dont wear a watch on shabbat but for those that do - buyer
beware.

BTW the same holds for smart refrigerators and other home appliances, My
son felt that with more sensitive airconditioning sensors walking in the
house might cause problems.
Those who accept the decisions of RSZA should be okay. However, those who
are machmir might have difficulties as devices get smarter and more
sensitive

--
Eli Turkel