[Avodah] Subject: Synthetic Meat

hankman hankman at bell.net
Mon Aug 12 10:30:16 PDT 2013

RMGR wrote:

And if the beast is not
Shechted properly, some maintain that it is kosher nonetheless. If we argue
that the Ben Pekuah is Parev, there is no indication that our Sages decreed
that out should be treated as though it is meaty.

CM notes:

AFAIK a ben pakua (min haTorah) is basically MEAT that is already shechted (even though it is living) with the shechita of its mother. But nowhere is there a claim that the BP has lost its status as meat – it is merely meat that it has already satisfied the requirements of shechita. So no way is it parev (so far as I know). I will beli neder try to do a search in the achronim to see if I can find anything different.

Kol tuv

Chaim Manaster