[Avodah] Traditional Methodologies

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue Jul 23 12:25:44 PDT 2013

> It should be noted that Dr. Farber's Academic Bible studies at Hebrew U,
> at which point he had already rejected the traditional understanding
> of Torah min HaShamayim (by his own admission), took place BEFORE he
> entered YCT.

> Lisa

Is it the contention that simply by studying Academic Bible one has
rejected the traditional understanding of Torah Min Hashamayim?

On a related (in my mind) topic -- if time viewing were invented so that
one could observe (but not impact) prior events, would we accept the
"testimony" of the tannaim and amorayim as to what was actually said or
would this be considered a nontraditional methodology?

KT
Joel Rich