[Avodah] Date of Purim

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Feb 26 01:42:28 PST 2013

On 26/02/2013 12:27 AM, Liron Kopinsky wrote:
> Maybe akin to the idea of not saying Shira for kriyat yam sum?

This again?  We *did* and *do* say shira for kriyat yam suf, and there is
no hava amina not to.  And we celebrate it on the day it happened, as they
did.   We celebrate Purim on the day our ancestors did, which is on the
day that the danger was past and they were *able* to celebrate; not while
the battle was raging and nobody knew who would win.

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to