[Avodah] Status of Non-Jew born to Jewish Father

Daniel Bukingolts bukin86 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:25:35 PDT 2011

Shalom :)

My father and non Jewish step mom just had a baby girl on Friday. This is
his second non Jewish child from two different women. What is the status of
non-Jewish children born with Jewish fathers? Is there a different or
easier geirus for them if they decide to convert? Are they given a choice
at a certain age to simply be Jewish? Should we actively try to sway them
towards Judaism? My father had a bris for my non Jewish half brother
(details unknown, but I believe done by chabad rabbi). Would he require
chatafas dam if he decides to be Jewish?

May all klal yisroel experience only (yiddeshe) simcha and bracha,
Daniel Bukingolts