[Avodah] mah tovu

Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org Saul.Z.Newman at kp.org
Fri Jun 25 11:08:23 PDT 2010

on why it  is written chasser  ,  2 thoughts   one  i saw , one i'm
thinking  about

1]   this  passuk is said on entereing  our  mkom  tfila.  since bilaam
forsaw that  we would not  treat our shuls  with enough  respect  ,
therefor  chaser

2]   this bracha  folllowed   'vayar yisrrael shochen lishvatav '  . only
then could  such  a  bracha follow [the one that bilaam never intended as
a curse]

but the former passuk implies  that   he saw shvatim with different
drachim in yiddishkeit   living  in harmony.  since  bilaam knew that this

is  something

that jews  can not  tolerate , therefore  tovu is chasser  , since
toleration of other yisrael's ohel will never  be  complete.....