[Avodah] Klalei horaah

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Sun Jun 20 14:07:06 PDT 2010

I assumed that the klalei hora'ah were algorithms *based on* having decided each disagreement on its own merits.  Once this process was completed, the gemara states its conclusions that, e.g., Rav wins every machlokes in issurin over Shmuel, and that we only follow Abbayei over Rava in 6 cases.  After all, even the exceptionless klalei hapsak don't always pan out la-halacha.

Joshua Meisner
 =======================
Did a little research - see  tosfot gittin 60b "vhashta"-may be that not everyone accepted this rule!
kt
jOEL rICH
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.