[Avodah] Donor Kids and Adoption

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed May 12 13:40:47 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 08:15:31PM +0000, kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
: You're thinking in terms of "kol d'parish meruba parish". Could it
: be that this case is considered "kavua", so that it is judged to be a
: 50/50 possibility?

I don't think a set that is leisa leqaman can have members that are
qavu'a. I think of qavu'ah as a situation that would have been a ruba
de'isa leqaman were it not that we had once known and pasqened about
the state of the members in the past.

E.g. three pieces of fat would be a ruba de'isa leqaman, but if we once
knew which one came from the treif store and now it got lost in the group,
it's qavu'ah.

But of course, I could be wrong.

Micha Berger             Today is the 43rd day, which is
micha at aishdas.org        6 weeks and 1 day in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Chesed sheb'Malchus: How does unity result in
Fax: (270) 514-1507                           good for all mankind?