[Avodah] 2 fridgies

Jonathan Baker jjbaker at panix.com
Mon May 3 12:45:10 PDT 2010

I had said:

> R' Yosef Wikler of "Kashrus Magazine" advised, when we learned that halacha,
> that one should be stringent and, if putting a pot
> into the fridge, that one put a paper towel under it, so it's not strictly
> speaking "on the same shelf as" the kli with the other substance in it.
> Like why we use placemats...

RGD corrects me, reminding me that R' Wikler actually advised this because,
as RnTK says, there could be milk on the shelf, and the paper towel
prevents the milk from being absorbed in the (hot) pot, which would be a
real problem.

Personally, we try to avoid putting hot pots into the fridge, so as not
to overburden the motor trying to cool them.

--
        name: jon baker              web: http://www.panix.com/~jjbaker
     address: jjbaker at panix.com     blog: http://thanbook.blogspot.com