[Avodah] chametz after pesach

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Sun Apr 18 17:34:55 PDT 2010

R' Moshe Gluck wrote:
> If the sale is enforceable in Beis Din and secular
> court, who cares what the person thinks?

Ditto. Especially since we are dealing here with a k'nas.

If I understand Chometz She'avar Alav Hapesach correctly, there's nothing spiritually negative with such food. Rather, it's basically a boycott against those who failed to get rid of their chometz, in order to induce them to act correctly next year. If so, then as long as they've gone through the motions of going to the rabbi and doing whatever the rabbi tells him to do (sign the form, make a kinyan, whatever) then why would we continue to boycott him?

What more do we ask of him? That he should become shomer mitzvos and put his heart in it when he sells the chometz? Of course we would like that, but AFAIK, Chazal never said to avoid shopping from a non-frum Jew. (And if anyone finds such a halacha, it would apply all year, not merely soon after Pesach.)

Akiva Miller