[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 21:17:43 PDT 2010

In Today's class on Bar Lev's sefer "y'did Nefesh" the Teacher R Chayyim -
opened his lesson as follows

RC:   "Well it's mamash pashut that all 49 days of s'fira are one long chol
> hamoed"
>
> RRW:  Wait a minute -  while these DOES explains the ARI's minhag, it does
> not seem so Pashut at all. Many people are disputing  me on the internet on
> this ver same topic
>
> RC:  [after disaparging the internet and its debates] Start with Humash
>
> RRW: Well  I could not find my suspected source - namely the Ramban on
> Humash though indeed the Tur et al. mention the drash of sheva shabbassos
> but as I mentioned no one equates that to Chol Hamoed mamash
>
> RC:  well maybe you should csee a Bar-ilan CD I"m sure it's there somewhere
>
> RRW: Well, I'm pretty convinced I save this idea and that I did NOT make it
> up so maybe it is out there somewhere

Anyone have a reference that equates or makes a comparison between the 49
days of S'fira and Chol Hamoed?

Gut Voch

--
Shalom uVRacha