[Avodah] Out-of-Bounds? 1 Al n'tilas Yadayim

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 09:03:58 PDT 2010

Ben ben1456 at zahav.net.il
> The question you are asking is if someone can be somech on the Rambam to be
> meqil and say a bracha.

Aderabba - saying a brachah here is a humra. S'feiq brachos l'haqeil
implies NO brachah!

> We could ask the same question about any qula not paskened by the
> SA. If someone took this approach and was someich on the Tosofot and
> had milk shortly after meat, is he out of bounds?

Not really

S'feiq brachos l'haqeil is a very specific dynamic that I've studied
and is not quite the same as other humros and kullos.

Specifically we have a klal
A Anytime a brachah is disputed we do NOT say it.

The exception
B. Is when there is a specific minhag that overrides this

EG For A we are chosheish for a da'as yachid to omit brachos on s'fira
if we fail only once! This is very unusual because afaik ONLY the BeHag
holds it's one long Mitzah! Yet we are chocheish for a da'as yachid.

Re B - when a specific minhag that overrides this
1. 4 brachos on 4 kossos [Rambam vs. Rosh]
2. 2 brachos on Tefillin [Rosh vs, Rif/Rambam]

By consulting a Teimani, I was aiming to demonstrate that no such minhag
is based upon followers of the Rambam

However, I overlooked this GRA and I concede that the GRA factor does
change this dynamic. Just afaik the talmid was davka being someich on
the Rambam which Teimanim themselves afaict do not rely upon.

So for illustrative purposes let's simply set this GRA aside

GS
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile