[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Apr 13 16:03:23 PDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 02:23:02AM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
: T613K at aol.com wrote:
: >The issue is not aveilus?  What /is/ the issue?

: The Zohar compares the preparation for mattan torah to a nidah rising
: out of her tum'ah and preparing for her chosson.  It specifically refers
: to the hair grown during her time of tum'ah being cut in order to become
: tahor.

But that's the Zohar. You spoke of the Ari, and we already saw that the
PEC ties the centrality of hair to the niftarim being talmidei R' Aqiva.

We have yet to see anyone make this Zohar a lemaaseh.