[Avodah] ending a taanis

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 13:39:57 PDT 2010

> FWIW, when congregants ask me when a minor fast day "ends," I always
> give them the time of sundown.?The popular custom of "tzeit" strikes me
> as a burdensome and pointless chumra.

Is this in-bounds because the Aruch Hashulchan indeed does say this

Or

Is this out-of-bounds since Tur, SA, Rema and AFAIK the majority of
posqim require Tzeis - And therefore this would be a kind of "poreish
min hatzibbur"? >>

My experience is that there is a difference between Israel and US.
In the US a taanis usually ends about the same time as shabbat is out
while in Israel it is considerably earlier

--
Eli Turkel