[Avodah] Out-of-Bounds? 3 Ending a Taanis at Sundown

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 09:52:21 PDT 2010

An unnamed collegue wrote this. I am "snipping" it with his permission

> FWIW, when congregants ask me when a minor fast day "ends," I always
> give them the time of sundown. The popular custom of "tzeit" strikes me
> as a burdensome and pointless chumra.

Is this in-bounds because the Aruch Hashulchan indeed does say this

Or

Is this out-of-bounds since Tur, SA, Rema and AFAIK the majority of
posqim require Tzeis - And therefore this would be a kind of "poreish
min hatzibbur"?

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile