[Avodah] Out-of-Bounds? 1 Al n'tilas Yadayim

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 09:59:10 PDT 2010

Scenario:
A student in Yeshiva is convinced of the Rambam's position re: n'tilas
Yadayim for T'filah - namely that it triggers a brachah.

So as a result of his conviction, he proceeds to recite a brachah

Last Night a Teimani told me that while he washed n'tilas Yadayim
before T'filah, he says no brachah. He and I presume that this is due
to s'feiq brachos l'haqeil

Apparently we can also assume that there is no Minhag to make this
brachah - at least not in any community of which we know

Usually Minhag Avos or Minhag haMaqom may justify saying a disputed
brachah. But apparently in this case there is apparently no minhag upon
which to be someich.

Im kein, is this student justified in his convictions to say this
brachah and be someich on the Rambam?

Or is this student out-of-bounds for saying a brachah based upon what
we know - that this Rambam is not followed in practice?

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile