[Avodah] halav HaCompanies

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 00:30:42 PDT 2010

<<OTOH, many cultures drink mare's milk and camel milk.>>

A friend of mine who frequently visits Egypt for business told me he won't
drink the milk there because they frequently mix in camel's milk.

However, I would assume that in the US that is not a problem.

As an aside I have never understood the application of "Lo plug".
Half the time we use it and half the time poskim say the two cases
are different.

A classical case is lighting candles for YomTov. The wife of the perisha
says to say the bracha before lighting while MA argues and says lo plug.
My impression is that most (ashkenazi) women hold like the perisha's wife.
There are many other such cases including chalav akum

--
Eli Turkel