[Avodah] Tiqun Layl HaSeder vs. Tiqun Layl Shavuos

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 14:35:24 PDT 2010

Given we have a minhag to stay up all night Shavuos. And There are
reasons given - EG at Mattan Torah Bnei Yisrael were caught sleeping

OTOH we have maasim in the Haggadah and in Talmudic literature suggesting
staying up all night of the Seder until vassiqin! [Vkch hamarbeh... Harei
zeh m'shubach]

Wouldn't it seem obvious that we have a stronger imperiative to say up
all Seder night and be oseiq in
SYM, or
Hilchos Pesach or
Shir Hashirim - as the case may be - as opposed to Layl Shavuos which
seems to have a later origin?

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile