[Avodah] Who First Said It? 7 - Mourning during Sefirah

rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 11:58:29 PDT 2010

ben1456 at zahav.net.il
> Professor Sperber cites the tshuvot of the gaonim that one does not
> marry between Pesach and Shavuot. Also they did not work at night until
> the next morning. Professor Sperber then quotes Rav Avraham ben Rav Natan
> HaYerchi that the custom has changed to allow marriage after Lag B'Omer.

A few quick points

What situations have the following factors
    - Limited M'lacha
    - Issur Taspores
    - Issur Nisuin?

While there are perhaps a number of valid answers Moed Qatan has two
that primarily fits our bill viz.
    Chol HaMoed, and
    Aveilus

This is a hint to my sheeta on how this may have developed and evolved
over time

I concur with Micha that this is Gaonic. I also suspect that Professor
Sperber is on the right track here.

Add to this the not-so-popular sheeta of the Arizal that all 49 days
are assur b'taspores and maybe we can restruct the history a bit

Before I post my hypothesis I would like to check out a Ramban on Humash
that may help to connect the dots for us.

KT
RRW
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile