[Avodah] Selling whiskey/ bourbon

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Apr 1 06:34:33 PDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 09:19:11PM +0000, RAM kennethgmiller at juno.com wrote:
: There's a whole hour during which we are machmir on eating but meikil
: on owning.

Isn't that logically necessary? It is rare we eat chameitz that no Jews
owns. Wouldn't geneivas aku"m have to be involved?

I think of these dinim in the same terms as harchaqos. Particularly
given "kol ha'okhel matzah beErev Pesach ke'ilu bo'eil arusaso beveis
chamav". It's not that one is an extension of the issur of achilas
chameitz and the other of bal yeira'eh, but both a more viceral distancing
(harchaqah) from chameitz, progressing as we got closer to Pesach itself.