[Avodah] woman reading a ketuba

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Dec 31 10:24:54 PST 2008

Doron Beckerman wrote:
>  >> I'm not even sure why any of the Sheva Brachos of Nesuin can't be
> made by women. Since both men and women are obligated in the Birchas
> Nesuin, a woman can be Motzie a man with these Brachos just like a man
> is Motzei a woman. <<
>
> Tavo Me'airah.

Tavo me'erah on someone who *needs* someone to be motzi him with benching,
because he should know it.  Why should a me'erah come on someone who knows
how to bench but chooses to be yotzei from another bar chiyuva, male or
female?

--
Zev Sero                                     May the light of Chanukah
zev at sero.name                                brighten your life