[Avodah] pach hashemen

Moshe Y. Gluck mgluck at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 19:55:03 PST 2008

From: "Moshe Y. Gluck" <mgluck at gmail.com>
>>I was thinking that maybe they didn't bother recording the Neis of the Pach Shemen because they were Melumad in Nisim in the Beis Hamikdash - like the Mishnah in Avos and the Gemara in Yuma record. In the context of the daily Nisim in the Beis HaMikdash....<<

R'n TK:
All those miracles were in the Bayis Rishon.  There were no open miracles in the Bayis Sheni -- with the single exception of the pach hashemen.  This miracle was therefore seen as a throwback to earlier times and a brief sign of Hashem's favor, a momentary ray of sunshine in the darkening gloom.

Not so - Yuma 21b and Avos 5:5.

KT,
MYG