[Avodah] women lighting candles

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 22:33:20 PST 2008

First of all we do pasken that women are required to light chanukah
candles as per the gemara.
Second much depends on minhag ashkenaz or minhag sefard whether each
person in the family
lights according to mehadrin min hamehadrin

Finally as to time honored pask R. Aaron Lichtenstein has an article
explaining why women light in
his home

http://www.vbm-torah.org/chanuka/chan67-ral.htm

--