[Avodah] : esav

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Dec 15 10:16:29 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 01:32:59AM +1100, SBA wrote:
: I learned that today - listening to a CD of a Parsha Shiur which was given
: nightly by Reb Yankele zt'l, the Pshevorsker rebbe in Antwerp.
: He expresses great astonishment at this Rashbam.
: 1) Because the Rashbam usually goes for posheter pshat, and
: 2) What is the Rashbam's source for this?

1- Why is the notion that Esav intended kavod, not a threat, a stretch
in the words?

2- I don't know, but I have been wondering why the group of people my
morah or rebbe told me was a violent horde were called "arba mei'os
ISH". Doesn't "ish" have positive connotation? Wouldn't there be in
implicationt that in some way, these weren't mere "anashim".

Micha Berger             "And you shall love H' your G-d with your whole
micha at aishdas.org        heart, your entire soul, and all you own."
http://www.aishdas.org   Love is not two who look at each other,
Fax: (270) 514-1507      It is two who look in the same direction.