[Avodah] Insects in our salads

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Tue Dec 9 08:44:33 PST 2008

Michael Makovi wrote:
> So
> given enough of a proportion, even unnullifiable chametz and beriyot
> are in fact nullifed (one rishon apparently names an amount - 1 in
> 9000 or some such).

The Noda Biyhuda (If I'm not mistaken) suggested as a limud zechus that
"afilu be'elef lo batel" implies that it is batel in more than 1000.
The Mezritcher Maggid is reported to have said that although the Noda
Biyhuda meant it only as a limud zechus, he was mechaven to the way they
pasken in Yeshivah shel Maalah.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.