[Avodah] Humanism in Yahadus

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Dec 2 13:59:30 PST 2008

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 06:59:43PM EST, R David Riceman wrote:
: It'll take me time to read the whole post; meanwhile I don't understand
: the relationship between these two paragraphs.  Are dinim BALC dependent
: on the status of people's souls? If so, how are those of us who suffer
: from soul-related blindness to determine our obligations?

The question would be whether the difference in chiyuvim BALC between
amisekha, achikha (arguably: all Yehudim and "achikha bemitzvos",
respectively), and nachriim (and other categories) are due to spiritual
anatomy differences, or something else.

I'm arguing "something else", using the spiritual changes due to Shabbos
as a counterexample.

And yes, since that post includes links to long discussions, it will
take a while to make your way through. Hopefully this is a topic people
feel passionate enough about to do the research. Me, I tent to print
the Avodah digests and material linked from them, and read them while
commuting, marking them up for things to which I want to reply. (That's
not the only time I reply, since on many posts I lack the savlanut from
moderation time until getting to my sefarim shrank. Like now.)