[Avodah] Humanism in Yahadus

Prof. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:29:38 PST 2008

At 04:02 PM 12/1/2008, Micha wrote:
>This is really two questions: intensity and breadth. (1) How often
>does bein adam lachaveiro (BALC) concerns override other mitzvos? (2)
>How rapidly does our responsibility drift off as we get further from
>dealing with unzerer?

Before I make my comments, may I suggest that we write out names. I
no longer can keep track of who the initials stand for.

Rabbi Dr. Ahron Hersh Fried's essay
<http://www.hakirah.org/Vol%206%20Fried.pdf>Is there a Disconnect
between Torah Learning and Torah Living?
<http://www.hakirah.org/Vol%206%20Fried.pdf>(THE COMPLETE
ARTICLE)  (Hakirah, Summer 2008) deals to some extent with both of
these issues in our yeshivas. And make no mistake, the attitudes that
are put forth in yeshivas are a big part of the attitudes that
students take with them for the rest of out life.

Yitzchok Levine