[Avodah] a troubling halacha

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 15:22:42 PST 2008

From: "kennethgmiller at juno.com"  <kennethgmiller at juno.com>
>>Okay, here's my guess: Could it be  that this halacha is based on the
presumption that people would prefer to  observe the relatively easy halachos of
delayed information, and that they did  not want to observe the relatively
difficult halachos of timely  information?

If so, then the next question is: What changed? Why do we  prefer the full
burden of the timely-information halachos? It can't be because  of the general
trend towards stricter halachos, can it?<<

Akiva  Miller

Perhaps it was because premature death was so common that people would  have
been constantly sitting shiva for parents, sibling and r'l children in the
old days.

--Toby Katz
"If you  don't read the newspaper you are uninformed;
if you do read the newspaper  you are misinformed."
-- Mark Twain
Read *Jewish World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)