[Avodah] Chafetz Chaim's wife davening

Yzkd at aol.com Yzkd at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 17:12:36 PST 2008

In a message dated 11/16/2008 5:32:48 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
menu at inter.net.il writes:

I  remember hearing that the Chafetz Chaim told his wife that when she
was  busy with child raising she did not have to daven as per his shita.
Is this an urban legend or is there a source for  this?
thanks,

It can be found in "Sichot Chafetz Chayim" (by Rav Aryeh Leib son of the  CC)
Chapter 1, par. 27, quoted and elaborated on in Halichos Bas Yistoel (by Rav
Yitzchak Yaacov Fuchs) 2:2. (I am enclosing a copy in pdf format)

Kol  Tuv,
Yitzchok Zirkind