[Avodah] How the Torah portrays our great men

Prof. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Fri Nov 7 07:16:48 PST 2008

At 09:37 AM 11/7/2008, T613K at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/7/2008, Larry.Levine at stevens.edu writes:
>"Are you telling me that Reb Zundel Berman lied to me?" He replied, "Yes!"
>

>Of course there are other possibilities.  One, that R' Berman did
>not remember accurately what RAK said to him.  Two, that you did not
>remember accurately what R' Berman said to you so many years ago.
>Three, that there was more to the conversation, a context that you
>have not reported or don't remember.  Four, that R' Berman said it
>about somebody else, not about RAK.  Five, that it was not R'
>Berman, but somebody else, who quoted RAK to you.  Six, seven, eight.....
>
>"RAK said three years" OR "R' Berman lied" -- those two alternatives
>scarcely exhaust the range of possibilities!
>

>--Toby Katz

If one takes this approach, then one cannot accept anything. "The
printer changed the text of the sefer, etc." I know what Reb Zundel
said to me. I even asked him to repeat it.

For the record someone who is closely associated with Yeshiva Rabbi
Chaim Berlin told me that Rav Hutner said, "Five years in kollel is
enough for anyone."

At least I have upped the time! >:-}

Yitzchok Levine