[Avodah] Pat palter

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Oct 6 15:01:48 PDT 2008

Yitzhak Grossman wrote:
> Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

>> that comes along.   RMF wrote from the beginning that a baal nefesh
>> should not rely on his heter, and he is reported to have put a shiur
>> on this hiddur of $100 a year.

> In dollars of what year?

That's a very good question.  I didn't hear it with a year.  I heard
this from some high mucky-muck in the OU, I *think* R Avrohom Gordimer
but I might be misremembering, and someone asked when this was said.
His answer, which I did not understand at all, was that it was $100
regardless of the year.

BTW the same source also said that with regard to cheese RMF said that
one need not spend any extra money or even effort to get CY, since in
addition to all the other considerations one can add RT's opinion that
cheese doesn't have to be CY.  So one need only be mehader on CY cheese
if it's exactly the same price, and on the same shelf in the supermarket.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.