[Avodah] Praying to angels

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Oct 3 10:48:01 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 11:59am EDT, R Zev Sero wrote:
:>Not sure why the 13 middos are included. I assume this is a reference to
:>something in a piyut that I missed. As middos of how Hashem acts toward us
:>that we should emulate (cf Tomer Devorah), where is the implied middleman?

: The piyut "shlosh esre midot", which addresses "kol midah nechonah"
: directly, asking it to put in a good word for the speaker.

That's really confusing. At least mal'akhim are nivra'im. What are the
middos?

:>All your bottom line shows is that it's appropriate RAG and RSG. What
:>about for someone who can't resolve the question? If I personally can't
:>see how the prayer isn't shituf, am I allowed to say it? What would my
:>kavanah be?

: Whatever RAG and RSG intended.  Just like in the yehi ratzons after
: tashlich, where we ask that what we've read go up "as if we understood
: all the secrets and combinations of Holy Names that come out of them..."