[Avodah] Vayigash Zos Chanukah

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Dec 28 19:54:50 PST 2008

45:3  Ani Yosef... 'I am Joseph...'

When Joseph said 'I am Joseph,' God's master plan became clear to the
brothers.
They had no more questions. Everything that had happened for the last
twenty-two
years fell into perspective. So, too, will it be in the time to come
when God will reveal
Himself and announce, 'Ani HaShem', 'I am the Lord!'  The veil will be
lifted from our
eyes and we will comprehend everything that transpired throughout
history. (Chofetz Chayim)

Following this analogy, just as Joseph forgave his brothers,  may we
be so fortunate that
HaShem forgives His children. Nevertheless, some individual's
comprehension of what
transpired in their lives may be fraught with pain and condemnation
whereas others'
comprehension will be filled with joy and vindication.

May we strive for the latter group.

rw