[Avodah] Kolech calls for dayanot

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Dec 22 07:13:20 PST 2008

Rich, Joel wrote:

>> Reb Yitshak's  <celejar at gmail.com <mailto:celejar at gmail.com>>
>> arguements in favor of Kiblu Alaihu are correct.  But to the best of
>> my understanding, Kiblu Alaihu would work only in money matters -
>> not in dinei Nefashot, Geirut or gittin, Halitsa etc..  Is that correct?

> I would assume so in the "normal" application, yet those who see the
> source of dina dmalchuta as being from the consent of the
> governed (similar to malchut) would seem to have a much broader
> scope of "kiblu" and this would better fit with those who explain
> Devora based on kiblu?

How is the scope of DdMD broader than the scope of ordinary kiblu?
"Dina" is by definition a matter of mamonot, and every single example
of DdMD is about determini

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.