[Avodah] mesorahReb Moshe responded re wearing modern

kennethgmiller at juno.com kennethgmiller at juno.com
Sat Dec 20 20:46:58 PST 2008

R' Eli Turkel wrote:
> RMF also was against nusach sefard (chassidic) as it was a
> change from tradition although that happened some 300 years ago.

R' Zev Sero asked:
> Where did he write this?

Igros Moshe O"C 2:24

The case was of a child who was taught Nusach Ashkenaz because that's what the shul and school used, even though his father "and another two or three generations" davened in Nusach Sfard. His conclusion is that if the child "wants to return (lachzor) and to daven Nusach Ashkenaz, which is the nusach of our fathers and rabbis, he is definitely allowed (vadai reshai) because he is returning to his origins (she'harei chozer l'kadmuso)."

Akiva Miller