[Avodah] Chevra Kadisha Fast Day today, 15 Kislev?

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 22:19:20 PST 2008

From: Zev Sero
It's pretty much universal that the members  of a chevra kadisha observe
a fast day.  The exact day varies by  region.  In Lita the minhag was
15 Kislev; in Poland the minhag was 7  Adar.

Our chevra kadisha in Miami observes 7 Adar, which  is Moshe Rabbeinu's
yahrtzeit -- and Hashem Himself acted as the chevra kadisha  in that case, and
buried Moshe in an unknown grave.  But what happened on  15 Kislev (which happens
to be my father-in-law's yahrtzeit, but I never heard  of something else
special about that date)?

--Toby Katz
Read *Jewish  World Review* at _http://jewishworldreview.com/_
(http://jewishworldreview.com/)