[Avodah] insects in our food

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Dec 10 13:02:56 PST 2008

Zev Sero wrote:
> Eli Turkel wrote:
>> <<But with some of those large insects around eating
>> the small insects, they could well have had *fewer* small (visible only
>> if you bother looking for them) insects than we do.>>
>>
>> maybe yes and maybe no. It sounds like speculation to me
>
> Put it this way: the big bugs had to be eating *something*.  If they
> didn't starve to death, then the population of smaller bugs *must*
> have been smaller than it would otherwise be.

PS: I'm obviously talking about bugs that are not vegetarian.  But
there are species of large bugs, known not to be vegetarian, that used
to exist on vegetables, but that are no longer to be found there because
of selective pest-control methods.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.