[Avodah] Shim'on veLevi achim...

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 11 12:23:03 PST 2008

I just realized something else (aside from Yaaqov's berakhah quoted in
the subject line) that connects Levi to Shim'on.

Levi has no cheileq venachalah.

Shim'on failed to conquer their nachalah (eretz Pelishtim at or around
the current Azza strip and north-western Negev), and end up settling
in part of Yehudah's land, either to the south or as an "island" fully
surrounded by Yehudah. And, as I already wondered about (v25n256), they
so lost individual identity within Yehudah, they don't get mentioned as
one of the shevatim at the time of the fall of the malkhus.

Micha Berger             The waste of time is the most extravagant
micha at aishdas.org        of all expense.
http://www.aishdas.org                           -Theophrastus
Fax: (270) 514-1507