[Avodah] rain on succot

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 01:28:00 PDT 2008

Toby writes

> I thought it was in Sefer Hatoda'ah but can't find it there, but it's one of
> those well-known things,

Taking Toby's advice I asked several experts. It turns out it is not as simple
as that and certainly not well-known. There is a "diyuk" from a Rambam that
it is the first night only however many rishonim disagree and say the
curse is if
it rains any time on  succot (so we are both right -)

Rabbi Leff in discussing the issue was bothered by the olei regalim,
since it should
be a curse the whole time since the olei regailm are bothered by the
rain. His answer
was that according to Rambam once it is a curse the first day the rest is a
continuation of the main problem

--
Eli Turkel