[Avodah] Davening to Malachim

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Mon Oct 13 04:14:58 PDT 2008

"I took special note in Neila that we beseech midas harachamim-- and
decided from its wording
that here midas harachamim was a seperate being from HKBH."

I've always used the analogy of a prism. A prism refracts light into
various colors (like the rainbow). It still is one beam that
either breaks light into its constituent spectral colors or splits
light into components with different polarizations. This is similar
to the analogy that R' Toby gave regarding different personality
traits. It's still the same person. Any mida from HaShem is
still from the One. (Reminds me of Yom Rishon, the day of the One).

ri