[Avodah] May God's Prayer Be Answered on Yom Kippur

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Sun Oct 5 17:44:55 PDT 2008

"Whose sin is forgiven? The sin of one who forgives." (Megilla 28a).

According to the Gemara we see that even God struggles with this
conflict of balance between justice and mercy.

The prayer God utters is the following: "May it be My will that My
mercy should overcome My anger and that My mercy dominate My
attributes. May I act with My children with the attribute of mercy,
and go beyond the requirements of the law."

We earnestly hope and pray that God's prayer will be answered on Yom
Kippur.

ri