[Avodah] shiurim

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 07:21:38 PST 2008

<<Similarly, in his letter to R Avrohom Chaim Noeh about his
position on shiurim he admits that he has no real proof, but "libi omer
li" that he is correct, and he would pasken that way "afilu lehatir eshet
ish".  IOW if a man were to throw a get to his wife, and it were to land
within four CI-amot of her, the CI would allow her to remarry.  That's
the koach dehetera that he found to demonstrate how strongly he held his
position.>>

All (charediAshkenaz )sefarim that I know pasken like the shiurim of CI
only for chumrah but not for kulah. I believe that CI himself says,
i.e. one should not carry a little less 4 amot in reshut harabim based on
CI shiur

--
Eli Turkel