[Avodah] Bitachon

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Nov 21 07:16:02 PST 2008

I want to share one of the ideas from last Sunday's "Mussar Kallah"
<http://www.mussarinstitute.org/learning-kallah.htm> that I really took
with me.

What does it take to trust a doctor? You need two things:
1- The doctor needs to be competent. If the doctor is unable to help
you, you have no reason to put your trust in him.
2- You have to be confident that the doctor cares about your wellbeing
and is motivated by your best interest.

When speaking of bitachon, trusting HQBH, we also need the same two
elements -- knowledge of His Awesome power, and a loving relationship with
Him. Bitachon requires the combination of yir'as Shamayim and ahavas H'.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             "I hear, then I forget; I see, then I remember;
micha at aishdas.org        I do, then I understand." - Confucius
http://www.aishdas.org   "Hearing doesn't compare to seeing." - Mechilta
Fax: (270) 514-1507      "We will do and we will listen." - Israelites