[Avodah] Tinok Shenishba

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Tue Mar 25 01:21:48 PDT 2008

On Monday, 24. March 2008 17.07:44 avodah-request at lists.aishdas.org wrote:
> Many Ortho's have made wholesale changes to nusach.  Too many to even list.
> An Ortho working as educational director in a C shul told me that he could
> not understand the hypocrisy of attacking C changes in Nusach when  many
> ortho's have done it, too. I must confess, I had no answer - except to
> become a student of the history of authentic nusach

While I wholeheartedly endorse the idea of becoming an avid student of
nussa'h, I must stress that there are changes and there are chnages. Many
changes are based on theological positions that may or may not be compatible
with O belief. Hence, there is a world of a difference between C changes and
O changes.

Please do not use this as a springboard to discuss shalom 'aleikhem or
malakhei ra'hamim, as we have beaten that horse to death - not all O is
Rambam, but we do generally recognize what is an O compatible theology and
what is not. Sufficiently to make my point.

Kol tuv,
--
Arie Folger
http://www.ariefolger.googlepages.com