[Avodah] Unwrapping the second (or third Sefer Torah)

shomer_torah at comcast.net shomer_torah at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 04:09:55 PDT 2008

"R Davidovich" <raphaeldavidovich at gmail.com> wrote:

> after the Hagbah of the first sefer Torah, the second sefer Torah which was
> on the Bimah not be uncovered until the first one was fully dressed.  And
> the same insistence was applied to the third Sefer after the second one was
> lifted.

> Would anyone here know of a source for this hakpada?

Ayen Shaare Ephraim (I don't have it available right now). This is mefurash there mita'am ain osin mitzvos chavilos chavilos. With the usual unneccessarily prolonged "Mi Sheberach's", this should not be an issue of tircha d'tzibura at all. If it is, the opportunity to be mechanech a kehilla about kavod hamitzvos with a few seconds of delay is well worth it.