[Avodah] efficacy of prayer

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:22:31 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 10:57 AM, SBA <sba at sba2.com> wrote:

> Nebach. Chazal tell  us not to console mourners  when meiso mutel lefonov
> (or something like that). The whole of klall Yisroel was in such a state
> last Friday.

FWIW, A former IDF soldier came to me on Friday and asked "Didyou hear the
news?"
I responded YES but I do not want to talk about it.
He then proceeded to regale me for the next 20 minutes...and I listened
because he was an elderly gentleman, but frankly I was too depressed over
that even and Rav Zev Segal's Tragic death to deal with the situation,, and
so I tuned out as best as I could.  Chazal's 3 days of silence makes sense
at times. One would have been enough for me.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com