[Avodah] Girl Scout cookies

David Riceman driceman at att.net
Wed Feb 27 07:03:17 PST 2008

Daniel Israel wrote:
> First of all, AFAIK (as someone else mentioned), bitul only occurs when
> there is a davar issur involved.
About half of Massaches Trumos is devoted to the question of when trumah
is battel.  If you are correct that entire bunch of halachos is
incorrect: trumah is never battel, instead the mixture must always be
given to a cohen.
>   Second, we don't do bitul
> intentionally.
But the bittul;, if it happened, was done, not by me, but by the
factory.  I would just be taking advantage of it.

Incidentally, if I understand your second comment correctly, you claim
that it's assur to put a drop of milk into a large container of water,
therefore making it batel.  Could you possibly mean that it's assur to
deliberately m'vatel issur? In that case your point is irrelevant, since
the whey is not assur.

David Riceman