[Avodah] Girl Scout cookies

Michael Makovi mikewinddale at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 04:39:31 PST 2008

>  Ahh, 1/60 ought to...? But they must be milk equipment, and if the
>  cookies are, the OU marks milk-equipment as mamash milchig.
>
> ...eggs...She called up the OU, ... they pulled the certification, but they'll still as kosher as
> ever.
>
>  Mikha'el Makovi

I realize I should clarify -

(1) My guess about the cookies is davka a guess - they may be mamash
milchig; I don't know. I'm only guessing that if no milk ingredients
are there except something <2%, they apparently aren't milchig
(because 1/60), but they'd still be milk-equipment since they do have
SOME milk, and so presumably the equipment is mamash milchig even if
the cookies themselves aren't.

(2) I don't remember the halachic term for milk/meat equipment. I mean
how you cannot eat it with the opposite type (milk-equipment cookies
with a steak, meat-equipment soup with a cup of milk, etc.), but as
soon as you clean out your mouth, you can eat the other type without
any wait (eat meat-equipment soup, then drink milk after cleaning your
mouth, no six hours).

(3) The story about the eggs is about one particular brand whose name
I don't remember. Regarding any specific eggs, call the OU.

Mikha'el Makovi