[Avodah] Baruch Shelo Asani Eved

hlampel at koshernet.com hlampel at koshernet.com
Tue Feb 12 16:00:56 PST 2008

On Tue, February 12, 2008 3:53 pm, R Zev Sero wrote:
: An eved kenaani, who's not obligated in many
mitzvot, and isn't part
: of am yisrael. An eved ivri is obligated in all
mitzvot, and his
: master must allow him to practise them, he just
happens to be in
: temporarily straitened circumstances. That doesn't
fit the theme.

And R Micha Berger responded:

Back a step... RZS presumes you know that Rashi
explains R' Meir as
thanking HQBH for not being someone with fewer
chiyuvim. Back in
<
http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/vol08/v08n094.shtml#12>
I bring a
ra'ayah from this from the Xian bible. (Not that
Rashi needs such
ra'ayos; but it's helpful in a da mah lehashiv
situation WRT "shelo
asani ishah".)<

If I too may hearken back to old posts, I once
pointed at that the source for this explanation of
the "shelo-assanni's" is not only Rashi, but the very
author of the nusach ha-brachah!