[Avodah] Why Jewish Women should NOT wear a Burka

Zackary Sholem Berger zackarysholemberger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 18:23:21 PST 2008

"I don't know if someone made this point already or not: Chumros of this
extreme magnitude are symptomatic of OCD, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

KT,
YGB"

I don't think so. OCD is what jargon calls ego-dystonic: the obsessions well
up in the mind unbidden and are very unpleasant to the sufferer. I assume
many extreme chumros bring pleasure and meaning to the life of the
bal-chumra. Perhaps what is meant by RYGB is obsessive-compulsive
personality disorder, a different animal.

ZShB (MD)